Finals Week

5 Finals Week Perks

The Grinch, also known as finals week, has finally arrived on campus and is already stripping the holiday cheer from Argos and riddling them with anxiety. But fear not! There are plenty of things on campus that are gonna save your life this finals week. Here are five finals week perks that will keep you “Fah who foraz[ing]” all throughout the week!

1. Extended Library Hours

As of December 3rd, the library will be open 24 hours Monday-Friday. This is great if you suddenly realize it’s 10:30 p.m. and your paper is due at 11:59 p.m. As well as being a quiet place to study for your final. Pro tip: textbooks do not have many copies, so it might help to either go in around 1 a.m. and scan a copy in the Sky lab.

2. Therapy Dogs

Finals week is the most stressful time of the year for college students. So to help students relieve some stress, there will be therapy dogs in the library on December 5th, on the 1st floor from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. So, take a break and pet some dogs.

3. Survivin’ and Thrivin’

The Campus Activity Board always knows how to make college life fun. CAB is putting on Survivin’ and Thrivin’ in the Commons Great Hall from 1 a.m. -1 p.m. There will be free snacks and drinks including hot chocolate. Fun things to do to help you destress from finals.

4. Watch UWF’s A Christmas Carol

Need some stress relief and also want to support your peers? Check out the UWF Theater club’s production of A Christmas Carol. The performances are on December 7th, 8th, 14th and 15th at select times in the theater on the mainstage. Tickets are free for UWF students!

5. Library Donut Night

If caffeine fails you, there is always a good old-fashioned sugar rush. On December 4th, at 7:00pm there will be donuts on the first floor of the library. It is first come first serve so better get there fast.

By Morgan Matrone

The Argonautica is the Greek epic poem that tells the story of Jason and the Argonauts journey to retrieve the Golden Fleece. As the University of West Florida's premier student-led magazine for the UWF community, we will tell the story of today's Argos. Our magazine covers everything Argo and everything Argos want to read.

0 comments on “5 Finals Week Perks